Every year Best of Calgary hosts an interactive lab focused on the community at large. This year, we’ve partnered with The Sprawl for an afternoon discussion around bridging the geographic income gap that our city faces. Based on a recent article in The Sprawl highlighting the fact that Calgary is the most income unequal city in Canada, we have brought together a panel of speakers to discuss this topic in detail and bring forth some solutions. Moderated by Sprawl Publisher/Editor Jeremy Klaszus, the panel includes:
• Leslie Evans, Executive Director of the Federation of Calgary Communities
• Tim Olafson, Partner in Stone Olafson
• Bernadette Majdell, CEO of HomeSpace
• Hyder Hassan, CEO of Immigrant Services Calgary
• Dr. Sally Zhao, CEO of Calgary Immigrant Education Society
This free event will take place at the Central Calgary Public Library from 1 to 3 p.m. on Wednesday, May 29th. Food and beverages throughout the afternoon to be provided by Community Natural Foods.
The Best of Calgary Interactive Labs are presented in partnership with Best of Calgary and First Calgary Financial - the intention is to bring Calgarians an exclusive opportunity to connect with the best of our city through fun, interactive and unique events.